|Fecha de Emisión||20/09/2010|
|Papel||Estucado engomado fosforescente|
|Dentado||13 ¼ (horizontal) y 13 ¾ (vertical)|
|Tamaño del sello||28,8 x 40,9 mm. (verticales)|
|Tamaño de la hoja bloque||115,2 x 105,8 mm. (horizontal)|
|Valor facial de los sellos||0,64 €|
|Efectos en pliego||25|
Within the Lighthouse issue six stamps are launched dedicated to the following lighthouses: Avilés in Asturias, the Punta Cumplida on the island of La Palma, the San Cibrao in Lugo, the Punta de La Polacra in Almeria, Ciutadella on the island of Menorca, and Huertas in Alicante. All these feature in the stamps that make up this minisheet.
The Lighthouse of Avilés, also known as San Juan, is located on the east bank of the mouth of the estuary of Avilés, in the municipality of San Juan de Nieva. It began to work in 1863 and was electrified 1927. It is a truncated tower attached to a building rising 40 m. high above sea level and 15 m from bottom to top. It has a range of 20 nautical miles.
The Lighthouse of Punta Cumplida is located in Barlovento, in the far north of the island of La Palma. It became operational on April 1, 1867. It is a cylindrical tower of ashlar and has an approximate height of 33 m. and a dome with a 7 m. diameter.
The lighthouse of San Cibrao is located in Cervo, north of the province of Lugo. It was built in 1864 and consists of a conical granite tower. It has an elevation of 37 m. above sea level and rises 8.80m above the ground. Its range is of 9 miles and has a fix white light. In 1979 a white and black striped 14 m. high new one, with electrical equipment was built next to it.
The lighthouse at Punta La Polacra in Níjar (Almería) is built on the tower known as the Wolves Tower an eighteenth century watchtower serving as a base for the new one. It was built in 1991 and has a height of 14 m. and a range of 14 nautical miles.
The Ciutadella lighthouse is located on the island of Menorca. It is a white tower with black stripes attached to a building. It has a focal plane height of 21 m. and is 13m tall. Its nominal light range is 14 nautical miles.
The lighthouse Cabo de Huertas in Alicante has been operating since 1856 and is located between the neighbourhoods of La Albufereta and Playa de San Juan. It consists of a white circular tower and three overlapping bodies topped with the optical and lighting device of the lighthouse itself.
Source:.: Correos :. Descripcion http://bit.ly/99DGAG
(Yimber Gaviria, Colombia)