Translate

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sponsor

Twitter

 
The Sátoraljaújhely first day cover features the last station of the Hungarian Calvary, the chapel of St Stephen on the top of Szár Hill, and the building of the Town Hall. The design of the Gödöllő first day cover consists of the building of the palace church, a painting depicting Antal Grassalkovich and the motif of some baroque style balcony railings. The graphic design of the special postmarks employs a stylised version of the arms of each town.
Sátoraljaújhely, a town for 750 years. Sátoraljaújhely in Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county is situated 82 km from Miskolc. It is named after the nearby Sátor Hill, and was originally known as Sátorhalom. According to the first records Alaptolma, the son of the chieftain Ketel and the forebear of the Cseszneky family, came to power in the area in 904, and later the estate passed into the hands of the Aba clan. In 1110 King Coloman the Book-lover gave the area to Count Rátold Casertai, who moved here from Apulia, and it was then devas-tated by the Mongol invasion. The survivors did not rebuild the settlement in the same place due to the constant danger posed by the frequent flooding of the rivers Bodrog and Ronyva. The new settlement was raised on the right bank of the Ronyva at the foot of Sátor Hill, hence the town's present name, which liter-ally means new place at the foot of Sátor. The first written record of this is in a document made by Béla IV in 1256. Pauline monks settled here at this time in Barátszer, then a separate village and now the town's oldest quarter. Sátoraljaújhely was granted the status of a town in 1261 by the "younger king" Stephen V, who ruled together with his father. It was at this time that the castle was built.
Year of the Baroque 2011, Gödöllő  Gödöllő lies on the banks of the Rákos in the valley of the Gödöllő Hills in Pest county, 30 km to the north-east of Budapest. Its natural features and good geographical location make the town attractive. The surrounding forests have been the hunting grounds of aristocrats and kings for centuries. It is first mentioned in a document of 1349, when King Louis the Great endowed his childhood tutor, the courtier Péter Pohárnok, with Gödöllő and the lands and forests belonging to it. In 1868 the name Gödöllő was finally and officially settled upon. A major turning point in the life of the town was when Antal Grassalkovich (1694-1771) became the owner of the area. The nobleman chose Gödöllő as the centre of his extensive estates and thus opened the way to major development in the town. The imposing baroque palace, whose architecture and history are both important, was built here between 1744 and 1751. In 1751 Maria Theresa visited here. Antal Grassalkovich was a generous patron with good taste who employed outstanding architects and sculptors of the age. (Source: visegradgroup.eu  hu.wikipedia.org)
 
SO
Order code: 2011022050231 (series)  2011022060032 (Sátoraljaújhely/FDC)  2011022060132 (Gödöllő/FDC) 
Date of issue: 4 March 2011
Face value: HUF 380 
Number of copies issued dependent on demand
Perforated size of stamp: 40 x 30 mm (50 stamps/sheet)
Printing method: offset
Printed by Pénzjegynyomda
Photo by József Hajdú  Designed by Eszter Domé 

Source:
TOURISM II Sátoraljaújhely, Royal Palace of Gödöllő http://bit.ly/gmcoWC

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

infolinks

Search

Popular Posts

 
Este sitio utiliza cookies, puedes ver nuestra la política de cookies, aquí Si continuas navegando estás aceptándola
Política de cookies +