Translate

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sponsor

Twitter

 
Magyar Posta is expanding its regular stamp series Tourism with two new denominations. The philatelic novelties mark the centenaries of the foundation of two Hungarian educational institutions, the Puskás Tivadar Technical School of Telecommunications and the University of Debrecen. The buildings of the two institutions are shown on the stamps. The two latest stamps were designed by graphic artist Eszter Domé and made by printing company Pénz-jegynyomda.
 
The Puskás Tivadar Technical School of Telecommunications evolved from the Technicians' Training School founded by the Royal Hungarian Post in 1912 into Hungary's most important secondary telecommunications institution. The first telegraph line in Austria-Hungary was built between Pozsony (today Bratislava, Slovakia) and Vienna in 1847, and in 1881 the Puskás brothers (Tivadar and Ferenc) built Budapest's first telephone exchange and telephone network. This development encouraged the training of specialists in Hungary. On the initiative of one of the first post office engineers, Endre Kolossváry, the Royal Post started setting up a vocational school specialising in this area. The three-storey, neo-baroque school building in Gyáli Street in Budapest, designed and built by the architect Róbert Fleischl, was completed in two years. The Royal Hungarian Post's Technicians' Training School began operating on 24 October 1912. As a result of changes made after the Second World War and later developments and modernisations, by the 1960s the Puskás Tivadar Technical School of Telecommunications had become the centre of excellence in communications in Hungary providing vocational training with modern equipment. (Source: puskas.hu)
 
1912 is the year of the foundation of the University of Debrecen's predecessor, the Hungarian Royal University of Debreczen, but the roots of higher education in the city date back to the 16th century. The Reformed College of Debrecen was established in 1538. For many long years the College played a major role in the development of Hungarian education and culture. In 1912, while Count János Zichy was minister of religion and public education, Parliament declared the foundation of two universities, one in Pozsony and the other in Debrecen, by adopting Law XXXVI. The City of Debrecen endowed the University with a large area of land, where the central building of the newly established    Faculty of Medicine was inaugurated by King Charles IV in 1918. In 1921 the University adopted the name of a Hungarian statesman and former prime minister who used to study at the Reformed College and who died a martyr's death on 31 October 1918, thus becoming the Hungarian Royal István Tisza University of Debrecen. The construction of a new main building for the University began in the 1920s and was opened in 1932. This was the country's third largest construction project after the House of Parliament and the Royal Palace in Budapest. Today it is Hungary's oldest continuously functioning institution of higher education, and its 15 faculties and 25 doctoral schools make it one of the country's leading research institutes. Source: centenarium.unideb.hu
 
 
Order code: 2012011050231 (set) 2012012060032 (Puskás FDC) 2012011060032 (Debrecen FDC) Date of issue: 22 March 2012 Face value: HUF 450 Number of copies issued dependent on demand Perforated size: 40 x 30 mm (50 stamps/sheet) Printed by Pénzjegynyomda Designed by Eszter Domé 

 CORDIALES SALUDOS / GOOD LUCK /
JUAN FRANCO CRESPO E-43800 VALLS-TARRAGONA (ESPAÑA-SPAIN)

 

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

infolinks

Search

Popular Posts

 
Este sitio utiliza cookies, puedes ver nuestra la política de cookies, aquí Si continuas navegando estás aceptándola
Política de cookies +