· The special stamp issue will highlight the role of the 70,000 Games Makers in making the London 2012 Games such a great success.
· The Games Maker stamp features a group of volunteers, in their distinctive purple and red uniforms, with the iconic London 2012 stadium in the background.
· The Paralympic Games will feature on two stamps with images from the Paralympic Opening Ceremony and ParalympicsGB Procession into the stadium.
· The final stamp will feature a scene from the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
· The four stamp set will be available to buy from September 27.
Royal Mail will issue its final set of stamps marking the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games when it issues the four-stamp set Memories of London 2012 on September 27.
The set will be the first to feature the much-praised Games Makers – an army of volunteers who are credited with helping make London 2012 one of the most successful Games ever.
More than 70,000 people volunteered to help the millions of visitors who flocked to London during the summer.
Now the Games Makers are commemorated on a stamp featuring an image of a group of volunteers, in their distinctive purple and red uniforms, with the famous London 2012 Olympic stadium in the background.
Andrew Hammond, Managing Director of Stamps and Collectibles for Royal Mail, said: "Royal Mail has been delighted to mark the build up to the Games and the successes of TeamGB and ParalympicGBs gold-medal winning athletes with a series of stamp issues.
"We want these new stamps to remind people of the truly iconic moments of the London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. It is fitting that we mark some of the stand-out memories that helped make London 2012 one of the most successful ever."
Sir Seb Coe, Chair of the London 2012 Organising Committee said: "The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games produced some truly remarkable performances in a magnificent display of sporting endeavour and achievement.'
Other memories featured on the stamps include the spectacular fireworks display during the Paralympic Opening Ceremony and a First Class stamp shows the ParalympicsGB team entering the stadium to conclude the procession of the participating athletes The final stamp shows a scene from the Olympic Closing Ceremony, in which athletes and officials of all the countries formed a human version of the Union Flag in the Olympic Stadium.
The stamps are printed within a miniature sheet, the border of which features a quote from Lord Coe, reflecting on the success of both Games.
Stamp visuals of 'Memories of London 2012' are available from:
Royal Mail Press Office
100 Victoria Embankment
London EC4Y 0HQ
Tel: 020 7449 8250
Mobile: 07436 280002
|CORDIALES SALUDOS / GOOD LUCK /|
JUAN FRANCO CRESPO * STAMP JOURNALIST (AIPET)
SÀLVIA 8 (MAS CLARIANA)
E-43800 VALLS-TARRAGONA (ESPAÑA-SPAIN-ESPAGNE-SPANIEN)