Translate

English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sponsor

Twitter

A Manx Artist Brings the Past to Life..

Ramsey-born artist and ex-IOM Post Office employee Michael Starkey says of his work featured on our six-stamp set...
'In my paintings I try to capture a moment of time. I work from faded black and white photographs of old buildings and streets that no longer exist and then bring them back in colour with memories and research. I hope the paintings will stimulate conversations about people and places. These Christmas paintings are based on this principle.
I have an image in my mind of that feeling just before the light fades in the winter and the lights in houses start to flicker on and Christmas lights glow in the gloom. At this darkest time of the year this brings hope and comfort to all.'

 
Date of Issue: 20th October 2012


SOURCE: http://www.gov.im/post
 
 

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

infolinks

Search

Popular Posts

 
Este sitio utiliza cookies, puedes ver nuestra la política de cookies, aquí Si continuas navegando estás aceptándola
Política de cookies +