To welcome in 2014, the year of the horse, Chunghwa Post is releasing a set of two stamps and a souvenir sheet featuring the upcoming year’s animal sign. The vividly depicted striding and galloping horses convey a sense of New Year’s festiveness and auspiciousness. The pastel yellow background and magical clouds provide the perfect backdrop for the vigorous horses. The images symbolize the youthful vitality of the year of the horse, and a coming year of steady good fortune.
The designs follow:
1) NT$3.5 stamp: A high-spirited strapping steed strides forward, representing a good beginning.
2) NT$13 stamp: A jumping horse turns its head up for a backward look, symbolizing “success.”
3) NT$12 souvenir sheet: Two horses, galloping amid auspicious clouds, symbolize that “all is going smoothly.”
Two press sheets, stored in a poster tube, will be also released on the same day. Each of these uncut sheets comprises two panes of 20 stamps, with denominations of NT$3.5 and NT$13 each. Printer’s markings remain on the sheet margin. A certificate of authenticity is also included in the tube. Launched in 2009, this series of philatelic items are produced in limited quantities and very much worth collecting.
(1) FDC: NT$2 apiece.
(2) FDC in large size: NT$3 apiece.
(3) Folder (with and without mount): NT$5 apiece.
(4) Folder with mount for one souvenir sheet: NT$8 apiece.
(5) Loose leaf philatelic card: NT$16 apiece
(6) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$3.5-denominated stamp: NT$5.5 apiece.
(7) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one complete set of stamps: NT$18.5 apiece.
(8) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one souvenir sheet: NT$15 apiece.
(9) Uncut press sheets in one poster tube: NT$1,000 a unit. No discount for large quantity orders.