Towns of Belarus. Zaslavl
On September 5, 2014 the Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus will issue the stamp “Zaslavl” of the series “Towns of Belarus”.
Designer: Yauheniya Biadonik.
Colour: full colour.
Paper: chalk-surfaced, gummed.
Perforation: comb 13 .
Size of the stamp: 52x29,6 mm.
Sheet composition: 6 (2x3) stamps.
Size of the sheet: 130x12 mm.
Print quantity: 54.000 stamps.
Zaslavl is a town in Minsk region. It was founded at the end of the 10 century. According to a legend Prince Vladimir of Kiev presented the town to his former wife Rogneda and his son Izyaslav.
The town's current name derives from Izyaslav's name.
In the Russian Primary Chronicle Zaslavl is mentioned in the year 1127.
From ancient times some historical monuments have survived in Zaslavl. On their basis in 1986 they founded the State Historical and Cultural Museum-Reserve Zaslavl.
It includes the Zamechak archaeological site (10 – 11 cent.), the Val site (11 – 17 cent.), the Savior Transfiguration Church (late 16 – early 17 cent.), the catholic St Mary Church (1779), a wing of the Pshezdetskies' Palace (late 18 cent.) and the mound necropolis (10 – 12 cent.) situated in the town and near it.
Via Juan Franco Crespo, Spain